United Arab Emirates: A global study conducted by Toluna, an international online market research company, showed that consumer interest in the latest technologies is much higher in the United Arab Emirates than in the other 14 countries surveyed. UAE consumers seem well ahead of their international peers when it comes to expectations of tech brands.
The study indicated that 63% of UAE consumers expect more innovation in technology, compared to 43% in global markets, which is compelling evidence of how the UAE is holding up and overtake other countries as a sophisticated market with a healthy appetite for new launches. . This shows a strong base of modern technology-oriented savvy consumers and is also a sign of how the state’s interest and efforts in educating consumers about modern technologies are paying off.
The study also indicated that 32% of consumers in the UAE, compared to 18% globally, have tried new brands of technology products and are more demanding in terms of additional features and broader options, expecting more from brands than consumers in other countries. Furthermore,
52% expect clearer information on manufacturing sources and 53% expect more sustainable options.
Commenting on the results, Sakina Mannan, Senior Account Director MEA at Toluna said, “It’s no surprise that consumers in the UAE seem to be emerging at the forefront in terms of interest in newly launched tech products. This indicates that the country is firmly heading towards a leading position in consumer electronics both in the region and globally and is in line with other trends such as the adoption of smart products and innovative services. . The UAE market is now characterized by a culture of engagement with technology brands, and consumers want to evaluate the quality and performance of new products, while being comfortable demanding more from brands in this space. .
Apart from the UAE market, the study covered 14 global markets in Europe, East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, the United States, and Latin America.
- Technology Brands – Actions and Expectations o New brand trial for technology is higher in the UAE than in the other countries surveyed (32% in the UAE vs. 18% globally).
- On average, people in the UAE expect more things than in the world – The average mentions are 8 in the UAE compared to 5 in the world.
- Innovation is the main expectation of tech brands in the UAE compared to falling prices around the world.
- Expectations are higher for “More brand choices”, “More innovation” and “Additional features and benefits” in the UAE compared to the world
The full report entitled “Conscious Consumers, a Year of Change” is available upon request. The report references Wave 18 of the Global Consumer Barometer and is part of a series of surveys published periodically by Toluna beginning in March 2020. The Toluna Barometers feature in-depth studies on consumer behavior, expectations and needs. consumers as well as market trends.
For more information please contact:
TMCC Communications Advisor
email/ [email protected]
Toluna is a leading digital information market research company, enabling fast and cost-effective market analysis:
- Toluna has proprietary online panels in over 70 markets with over 36 million highly engaged consumers.
- Our team of 2,800 people in 24 offices delivers around 40,000 projects a year to many Fortune 500 companies (i.e. NBC Universal, BBC, Publicis Group, Dentsu, The Boston Consulting Group, Samsung, Qatar Airways , etc).
- Toluna focuses on fast solutions that get N=1000 sample size data in half a day in many countries. Field work is monitored in real time and our automated dashboards provide insights in the moment.
- We offer end-to-end market research services with the flexibility to meet your project needs (i.e. questionnaire design, survey programming and hosting, sampling , analysis, reports, etc.).
One of our USPs has the first end-to-end, single-sign-on, real-time consumer intelligence platform that automates search and delivers speed and cost benefits – delivering on the promise of lean search and agile with quality data, in real time and on demand. This digital platform can be used in BHT, online communities (qual focus groups), concept testing, pack testing, analytics, DIY, mobile surveys, dashboards, digital tracking , Max Diff, Spouses, etc.
© Press Release 2022